Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@bresnan.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:59:11 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I couldn't have said it better! I received mine at the store today and now I
can rest easier since I really hoped and wanted these cars to be 'great'
models for BLI. Too many times 'good' models have not achieved 'greatness'
because of some stupid minor error in the detailing or painting- and with
the long wait for the CZ cars to finally start arriving, I had really hoped
BLI would take these cars all the way to finish line. So far I like what I
see. I have been looking at the Dome Coach on BLI's web site and hope the
Dome window insert on the car pictured is a pre-production model. How a
manufacturer chooses to glaze a Dome car can totally spoil the model if the
windows don't fit flush on the outside. That smooth curved piece of tinted
plastic that sits totally inside the Dome section with all the framing
totally exposed isn't going to cut it and it reminds me of what Con-Cor did
on their marginal-at-best Budd Dome!  Since the windows on the Baggage &
10-6 cars are molded inserts that fit almost flush with the outside of the
car, I have assume they won't blow it on the Domes and that they will use a
molded window insert that fits up 'into' the framing for an almost flush
external fit. We have been really blessed by the model manufacturers
efforts these past few years and I applaud BLI for what they have done so
far. If the Domes are as good as what they have released so far....this is
going to be a BIG TIME WINNER!!!!! As a side note...I did get the Unlettered
10-6 which is finished identical to the CZ lettered cars but the name boards
(3 different lengths) and the owner boards (3 different lengths as well) are
not attached and it would be very easy to do some BURLINGTON cars using the
new Micro-Scale decal sets that came out recently.

  John Olson
  Billings, Mt

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM