Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars @ Trainfest

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars @ Trainfest
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:13:33 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have my first 4 cars for the CZ and my complaint is " they're too hard to
pull outa da box". NO airhoses or steam fittings present, a concession for the
18" radius guys. Other than that a fine jorub on everything else.
Regarding the domes cars, I spoke to the BLI rep at trainfest about  window
glazing and he wasn't sure what I was alking about. I showed him the gap
betweeen the dome frames and the glass on his display model and asked if
Broadway would fix them, He said that his sample was probably a production
model and that was what we were going to get. Well I waited 30 years to afford
a CZ and overall I think for the price it is worth it. One of my trucks drags a
little but I can fix it. Even without fixing, it rolls better than some brass
I've seen.

Like it or lump it boys. I guess this will separate the modelers from the
runners when we see who will try to fix this on thier models. We can hope or
write American Model Builders for a laser etched plexi fix. Maybe Dave Lotz
will come to our rescue and make a Q connection Quick fix kit for our deficient
dome glass.
To add insult to injury they were pulling a few CZ cars with a UP 6 axel
something or other.

On a positive note I saw the Athearn Mill gon and the PS covered hopper, they
look great. The FTs from Intermountain with the etched side grilles and Dynamic
brake screens look terrific. There isn't a gap between the roof panel and the
carbody to fill in as on the  older Stewart body. There is a noticeable parting
line on the side of the nose near the marker light / number board area that
will need to be fixed. I didn't ask the rep if that will be addressed.
Intermountain did say the age of the prepainted kit is over and they would only
sell kits that are UNDEC. Shame on all of us for being lazy modelrailroaders
instead of productive railroad modelers.
 Sincerely,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"When building kits is a lost art,
Only lost artists will be building kits !!"