[CBQ] Ebay fakes

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Ebay fakes
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:28:16 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have recently noticed a lot of fake RR items on ebay (may be by the same
person using different ID's) All the fakes are listed by a seller who's
identiy and rating is always noted as "private", as are all the bidder
information. However, if you read the descriptions, he avoids using the
words, "original" or "non-reprodutions", but the hint that the item is
original is there - he nevers answers his email questions about the listings
as well.

A new liting for a 1944 calendar, item 6575832895, appears to be fake - I
have photos of most all the calendars, I also refered to a very large
collection from a friend of mine. The Q did not use this photo in the 1944
issue, and everything else is wrong with the calendar, from the layout to
the monthly page designs. It just looks fake to me.

I threrfore, would be very suspect of any seller that keeps his/her ID as
private, with no way to check the rating.

Buyers be warned.

Regards,
Ray Bedard

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM