[CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars
From: "jobbox123" <jobbox123@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:42:22 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
...Even if the production models come out with the two mentioned
issues: the dome glass insert and this fit issue, I still think I win
- I can fix both of these things with a small amount of effort.
Everything else on all of the cars is dead on prototype (except the
rivet detail which is a bit overscale in my opinion.) More importantly
these cars appear to run out of the box without modification. Tweaking
Brass cars for operation can be a huge time sink.

Lets see about 60 - 70 per car versus 300 - 400 per car for brass
..... I think I'll take it.... And I might add that for 300 - 400 (or
sometimes more ) per car I have received more than one final version
with quality imperfections and errors (some more of a problem than
those you mention) and, as often as not the trucks still needed to be
corrected for operation (as well as other issues.)

Nice work thus far BLI ....

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM