Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars @ Trainfest

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars @ Trainfest
From: "Jerry Krueger" <jakrueg@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:04:28 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Text Deleted

. . .
> On the Intermountain front, I fully agree with Mr. Manley. The hobby has
become "a pull it out of the box and run it". As far as the manufacturers,
they are just keeping up with the trend. Bucking trends in business is
sometimes a recipe for disaster. We all know that if you find a store that
still stocks some kits, they generally have some "real estate" collected on
the box.

> Jim Becker
> Mokena, IL

I was thinking about this the other day.  Could the lack of kits be a
function an aging modeler base?  As one gets older and their eyesight gets a
little worse, maybe the ability to assemble some of these finer kits is
compromised, while at the same time their income level increases (including
disposable income since Billy and Suzie are out of the house) and they will
pay the premium for a RTR, well detailed kit?

Me preference is still to by the kit and build it when possible.  So far my
eyesight hasn't gone yet!!

Jerry K

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM