Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Broadway Ltd Cal Zephyr Cars
From: James Becker <jimdandyaussies@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:28:34 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
True about the differences between the Shoreham car and the Challenger cars. I
have both, and the Shoreham is somewhat lacking underneath compared to the CIL.
However Shoreham didn't use little screws to hold the full width diaphram into
the car end. Since the CZ shead the full width diaphram early, this is a little
bit of a bother. Also the curve radius for the CIL is pretty wide.

As far as detailing between the Broadway cars and the Challenger cars, the
Broadway cars don't take much of a back seat. Pretty good in comparison to the
brass cars.

Jim

Jim Becker
Mokena, IL

Gordon Smith <kc2bw@optonline.net> wrote:
I have been looking at the pictures on the BL site. The domes may be
disappointing as the dome section is a separate casting and it does not look
to fit just right. There are spaces between  it where it joins the rest of
the shell. I hope production isn't like this. There are details on these
that Shoreham left off their models, such as the piping around the water
tanks on the dome cars. Challanger had these details on theirs.

Gordon