Re: [CBQ] Unexpected Visitor To Aurora

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Unexpected Visitor To Aurora
From: "Leo qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:59:00 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1402448343; bh=wOL60zjfgbG0/g8MtR54KzoCdaC60asfTgTTC8e/Y4g=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=jd8i0abEC64GY41XOTMVKGy4QOQmFUcXOgEDTGBVnR1MLYUxtIq/1x5LIf2ZCk0nBRgIHdAaL0+Lnj5iICa1XKn8Ioy2P2YYFzYXexxMZwkMIooX7NvJDcuO59Y22rGxGbBSB8MRFXWTKr8ymnZQMvfBp0bSIAnukLNzjxZsqCQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Louis,I have enjoyed all the discussion your post has generated and agree with
the comment that there may be a Bulletin worthy article on the matter of this
subject and related engines.

Back to your questions, it's my opinion this beast would have been routed C&I
direct. The Denrock-Mendota branch rail supporting this engines weight would be
very questionable,not to mention some of the wood timber bridges. Since it
would be a toss up in delaying high speed movements from Galesburg eastward,or
Savanna eastward(given passenger train volumes at the time) the scales would
tip toward C&I direct for the shorter distance. The sidings on the C&I were in
constant use, while,even at this date, the mainline sidings were rarely used,
also note the photo at Aurora shows the loco on track one which would be
routine for an eastbound move off the C&I.

The Q engineer and fireman would have been paid based on weight on drivers per
the schedule.
Of course someone would have had to request what that what was for this foreign
loco.

Leo  Phillipp