Re: [CBQ] Unexpected Visitor To Aurora

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Unexpected Visitor To Aurora
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:25:15 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1402424717; bh=zq+3+/2+mDnjKBzlV5Jl0QNl/apkGVid2lKmxJ/EvaM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Full-name:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=NmFgOAmS7esa9nJpKUPRkHj5cOmIiBpioXbtDpBzhCcn4ku4GDsrJO0YANcMzOX6cmt/eDjBdn/VCSBT2APSNYYFawSZboD990MDp21llNcHxjWt5thyJXZQEH+ttr4C20fsx2pRkcHuAWzVFs5b2dtyk4a0cKjPyQ3332fhfTc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
June 10, 2014

Bill, Hol and Group - I think all of this would make the  basis for an
excellent article in a future issue of the Burlington Bulletin  entitled
"Exotic
Steam Visitors To The Q" or something along those  lines..... I have an
original photograph of a C&O articulated at  Red Oak, IA, taken during World
War Two. It's in route to its new owner UP  in Omaha. C&O (as did N&W) sold a
number of obsolete articulated  types to the UP to help with their motive
power shortage during the War. As I  vaguely recall, the 'round-a-bout routing
was C&O to CGW (at St.  Louis) to Q (interchange point unknown) to UP (at
Omaha). I do not  know what the N&W routing was. I think a long time ago
there was an article  in Rail Classics magazine about the C&O articulated types
moving over the  CGW. My photo of the C&O articulated might possibly be an
old Corbin  print that was traded around. Will have to find, scan and share
the print.  Incidentally, that image of the double headed Missabe
Yellowstones on Lines West  is truly a one-of-a-kind. Priceless! Many thanks
Hol for
sharing. Best Regards -  Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL

In a message dated 6/10/2014 12:59:14 P.M. Central Daylight Time,