Re: [CBQ] BRHS Vitality (Action Item)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] BRHS Vitality (Action Item)
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:20:55 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240770151; bh=Qp2lsbaVwvSUDZRpwnkRUDos2PwaoZl55TUa4GL16CE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dg21ejZ+lwgX+Qykzcs0CQN4wGOUWTKgb9cDVrOi0J3jyudXtYvO9hBoLf0FP/6PzzRI6clZ1Zvpl93Qqxlh88IC3x+HJc4Z9XC19ZikkxOZrUMpDEzbuTsfeRyFWkaf
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bryan,

Rich hit the nail right on the head. When I was on the BRHS BOD for 6 years
 we attempted more than once to hold a joint meet with the GN, NP, and the
SP&S societies, there was no interest shown.

To give another example from my own experience at a model train show in
the Twin Cities I was running my Empire Builder on the layout using
Burlington E units on the point. A few members of the GNHS came by and trashed
me
out for using those
"silver" E's on "their" train. I guess they must have forgotten  the Q
owned a full Builder train set. A while later another group of guys  from the
GNHS stopped by and were complementary of my Builder. (I had  switched out the
power and was running an ABBA set of GN F's)

I would relish a joint meet with the other Hill lines. The Twin  Cities
would be the perfect location for a joint meet.

Loren Johnson
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!