Re: [CBQ] Re: BRHS Vitality (Action Item)

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: BRHS Vitality (Action Item)
From: "Harold Huber" <sarge9@bresnan.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 07:30:57 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240839074; bh=u+mbRlH9+yCGTLEQVe9PIJGJ7GDL4fm6UI5ThqsNVWs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=LK4W57v7pA3wwUIZTtN9smrN8kO04c6v/+wVcpzTWXk12LXQUewf7nEk/U/5JsM1raT/W93gYiGxuGZK2sGUe1IGYLaYjM/aOqMcOSPsLMOwPubXr8FPbktUnWq2D5zE
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  All,
  I do not want to offend or cause problems, but I personally know 4 stanch
members that left the BRHS because of the debacle over being able to vote and
not vote a few years ago.  What a small thing to rectify, but for the BOD to
decide that a member could only vote if the attended the convention because of
a sever tardiness of the ballots was total nonsense.  Simply put, send out the
ballots, let the members vote and announce the winners later.  All four, myself
included, felt if the BOD listened to the membership that much on the critical
item as voting for BOD members, they defiantly did not listen to the
memberships wants and needs on everyday items such as where the convention
would be held.  And I can guarantee they are not going to listen to this thread
about a joint meeting.  I love the CB&Q, my first train ride was on it, I live
in an area where the CB&Q was a household word, I have a passion for modeling
the Q and at times I've tried to help other members.  With a severly unstable
place to leave photos, historical items, unstable publication of the Bulletin
(I do buy all at the local hobby shop), a general feeling from a select few
that they are the only ones that know about the CB&Q and everyone else is full
of hog wash and a BOD that does not care for its membership the BRHS is on a
downward spiral that may up being its demise if things do not change.  Again, I
have watched this thread with great interest and have always wondered why the
BOD does not weigh in with some comment, direction, plainly put leadership.
They so wisely seperated this list from the BRHS members, which group is the
biggest?  Which group comes up with ideas, which group cares about the BRHS?
In a short answer this group not the "OFFICIAL" BRHS group.
  Harold Huber
  Ultimate Research
  Sheridan, WY