[CBQ] RE: BRHS Vitality!!!

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: BRHS Vitality!!!
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:42:21 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240879369; bh=J5gX2QZ+0S7ZqelfxLV4J0/TlhB7UpdukGNCJnzr+lg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=sqWMy9ytSl8+taTPv6s183PYddP+ROK0sAGa9qTYSgdd7W5rj9y31Vj8Z1EajR/LgGDXXXWMxkCiHxNkKauYLv33cxTe8IV/EIvXCO8BJLxpdS+E+er872qkORj6TGZD
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A lot of good comments have been made.  To summarize, BRHS is made up of
VOLUNTEERS.  There is never a surplus of same.  I know most of the current BOD
well and can personally guarantee if YOU offer to help with a meet, write an
article for the Zephyr or BB, etc - your offer will be accepted (a couple
months ago Gene Tacey listed a number of 'positions' that need to be filled).
Felt ignored in the past?  Try again!  New BOD, new attitudes.

We all have our frustrations at times and not everyone in BRHS (or any other
group we belong to) is necessarily on everyone's Christmas card list.  However
it's time to put the disappointments behind us and plan for the future before
the bulk of the membership is at that great roundhouse in the sky.

PLEASE attend the business meeting at the Annual Meet this fall AND if you can
not attend email or USPS mail your comments to a BOD mbr (or have someone who
is attending take them & read them to the group for you).  BRHS does NOT belong
to anyone person or persons; it's everyone who is a mbr.

I truly believe if the current BOD feels there is a groundswell for more true
joint meets, more frequent publications (partially dependent on YOU submitting
material!) or other events, we all have to step forward.

I understand a great Zephyr is going in the mail in the next week or so; a BB
is ready as well so with a bit of effort on more than a few mbr's, we can get
things to where most mbrs want BUT it's a team effort.  One mbr stepped forward
to have a calendar ready before Jan 1; the current BOD has indicated future
Annual Reports could be emailed with printed copies to the few who want same,
etc BUT they need input from you!

Technically this Yahoo group is NOT supposed to be for BRHS business per se so
head over to the Yahoo BRHS or the BRHS website & speak your piece.  I know
from my experience as founder in 1976 and as a former Board mbr and contributor
to the publications, clinician, etc. most active mbrs thrive on feedback.
Let's provide, be pro-active and postive with a 'can-do' attitude.  This is
America after all (plus we have a couple great mbrs overseas!)

A great RR deserves a great Society (and how about Billings for a joint Hill
Roads meet as is midway from Chicago to Pac NW, a 'new' location, etc).  Thanks
guys!

(and bring in a couple new mbrs - one to replace you when you retire and one to
grow on)

Gerald