Re: [CBQ] Re: BRHS Vitality (Action Item)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: BRHS Vitality (Action Item)
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:19:10 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240870757; bh=ARCu5abp3JjPMAgJFXjHbS16y6W1LF7MD7uc5LFAOhY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=WolNTo1Jcw3RSw9RuxA2wxEYfHWgjaISVtrDUSAI2i3zjDJwPZ7Wq9uDMCIYoFmqxAl/LNwFu5O7+OvDLOXBuPa+zXNgp44Z3BAlvjxVIiEyh0JYIAfaLVmHMbVeBPTQ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am an active member of the Rio Grande Modeling & Historical Society, and we
are having our first convention Sept 16-19, 2009 at the Doubletree Hotel in
south Colorado Springs, in conjunction with the 29th National Narrow Gauge
Convention.   With the long narrow gauge history of the D&RGW, working with the
Narrow Gauge Convention is a natural match.   I will be displaying my D&RGW
diesels, and I have HO models of every type the D&RGW owned from 1941 to 1996,
the merger into the UP.   We don't have a lot of info on the events yet, but
everything will be on our website, www.drgw.org.   I have also volunteered to
work in the convention, and it should be a very busy week for everyone.   As I
am a member of both the RGM&HS and BRHS, I should be able to give you a report
as to how well the joint convention works.   However, the Narrow Gauge
Convention attendees will not have a specific loyalty to another line, as many
probably follow the D&RGW narrow gauge.   I am also a modeler of the C&S narrow
gauge, but the two lines worked quite well together, including operation of
C-19 2-8-0s on the Baldwin branch and the operation of the Climax branch out of
Leadville, narrow gauge until 1943 and then standard gauge steam until 1962.
This should be an interesting week, and I am looking forward to September.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO