[CBQ] Heavy Weight ???'s

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Heavy Weight ???'s
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:39:57 -0700
Bcc:
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I just finished completing the NKP 60 foot 5 window RPO car. I used a
Trainline (Walthers) 60 foot RPO for the roof, underside (including trucks)
and body frame instead of the one supplied by NKP. This resulted in a much
easier and quicker kit to build rather than using the supplied roof and
floor. Didn't need to buy new trucks or other detail parts. I wonder what
other 60 foot cars NKP could make in brass that would use these Trainline
bodies. I think this would make a very interesting project for them.

Anyway, what I am wondering is, what year did the Q start painting some of
their heavy weight equipment in silver? Also, what year did they start using
the spaghetti style lettering on the green heavy weight cars in place of the
Roman style lettering?

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM