Re: [CBQ] Any Burlington Route signal experts out there?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Any Burlington Route signal experts out there?
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 00:11:23 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I hope you can make the enhancement work..It does appear on the shots
showing the depot that the negative itself is out of focus...which would
seemingly
make enhancement difficult, if not impossible if the original itself  is not
legible.

A few years ago I saw a presentation by the Nebraska State Historical
Society in which some of the old glass plate negatives produced by Soloman
Butcher
who was a traveling photographer in the late 1800 early 1900 who  photographed
Indians and early day settlers in the sandhills of  Nebraska...

Some of the old photos, for example, would be of a family scene in front of
their "soddy" and the doors and windows would be open..The openings just
showed  up as blank space....When the enhancement was done you could see the
actual
 inside of the house with furniture and other items clearly visible.

We were told that the old glass plate negatives actually picked up this
stuff, but the reproducing equipment of that era didn't bring it out, but since

it was actually on he original negative, today's equipment brought out what was
 really there, but just not visible due to lack of detailed reproduction
equipment.

It will be interesting to see how this all comes out...I'm excited to see
the outcome...Keep us posted.

Pete