[CBQ] Question about the Table Rock Line at Lincoln

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Question about the Table Rock Line at Lincoln
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 04:03:01 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have a question I'm hoping an expert on Lincoln can answer.  In
reviewing old maps it appears that the Table Rock line was relocated
at some time between about MP 61 and the junction with the Denver
passenger main at Hall Tower.

After leaving Lancaster, the current line goes through a couple of
reverse curves, crosses the UP and heads up 3rd to the junction with
the passenger main at MP 62.94.

The map shows another line that heads more or less straight north
from MP 60, instead of curving toward the UP, stays on the east side
of the UP, and heads up 5th, eventually tieing into the passenger
main at about MP 60.  This line was partially removed in 1941, under
AFE 34300.

I'm guessing this is the original line, and was relocated north of
MP 60 around 1911, when Sherman Tower was installed, according to
information in the book written by Al Holck on the Lincoln Division.

Can anyone verify this information.  Thanks.

Glen Haug

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM