Re: [CBQ] Any Burlington Route signal experts out there?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Any Burlington Route signal experts out there?
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:27:47 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Pete;

I'm going to take a shot at scanning some more of the negatives directly
and enhancing them.  The original pictures I posted were scans of
darkroom-printed photos (inluding the views of the people and the
depot), but frankly there were focus and/or exposure problems with many
of the negs, and their age doesn't serve to enhance any shortcomings.  I
guess we are lucky to have the images at all.  I do believe I can make
them better though by scanning them directly and playing with the
files.   I wish the negative of the entire signal hadn't been ruined, as
it was kind of a neat shot.  Basically a look to the horizon, with track
sticking up and water on both sides as far as you could see.  I thought
it was interesting how the debris caught on the signal mast ladder had
caused the ladder to be twisted by the current of the flood waters.
There are many other pictures that I'll share as I'm able to get them
scanned and cleaned up.  I really enjoy hearing everyone's input.

Best regards, Rob

--
Rob Adams
Wellman, IA