Re: [CBQ] Milwaukee TrainFest Report

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Milwaukee TrainFest Report
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 04:22:00 +0000
Cc: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I realize that this is a tinplate loco, but a number of details would need
changing to make it resemble Q #4200.   The tender would need considerable
changes, as would the cab.   The domes would need changing, and a Q cuckoo
clock headlight needs to be installed on the top of the smokebox front.   The
Baker valve gear would need to be changed to Walshaert's.   It varies
significantly from the USRA 2-8-8-2 primarily because it was built in 1911.

The model is much closer to a D&RGW USRA 2-8-8-2.   The first problem is that
it needed to be numbered in the 3500 series.   The 3400 series was built in
1913 and looks quite different.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM