[CBQ] Re: Budd Sleepers on the Q

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Budd Sleepers on the Q
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 05:00:37 -0000
I believe that the 1952 sleepers, including the Silver Isle, Silver
Dale, etc., were built for several trains and thus could be
considered pool sleepers.

The DZ order of 1956 came with three extra 10-6 sleepers to be used
in peak periods.  Thus whatever DZ sleepers that were not in use on
the DZ could be used on other trains.

Look at page 18 of Ronald C. Hill, Colorful Colorado Railroads in the
1960's (Golden, CO: Colorado Railroad Historical Foundation, 1992)
and you will see what appears to be a 1956 sleeper in the consist.
Also look on page 128 of Michael J. Spoor, Chicago, Burlington &
Quincy in Color, Volume 2 (Scotch Plains, NJ: Morning Sun Books,
1997) and you will see, in the lower picture, one of the 1956 10-6
sleepers at the tail end of the Blackhawk.

sjl

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...> wrote:
> Charlie
>
> Silver Basin #492, Channel #489 and Vale #490 were 1956 Pool
sleepers, but I
> can't find reference to earlier ones being built for that purpose.
>
> Rupert

Pullmans)