Re: [CBQ] A Plethora of Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] A Plethora of Pullmans
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:45:42 -0600
jonathanharris@earthlink.net wrote:

> 3) And how about the "FW&D" cars? Mike Spoor's Color Guide (p. 30) has an
> Emery Gulash photo of the Wadena in 1963 on its way to the scrap line,
> showing the car painted solid silver (aluminum) and lettered in whatever
> that Zephyr font is called. Nowhere on the car does it say FW&D, just
> "Pullman" and the car name. Does anyone know when it was repainted from
> green to silver? Were the Maximilian and Anaconda also
> repainted/relettered? And how will Branchline represent them?

Jonathan,

I was at my local dealer yesterday. He had a new catalog from
Branchline. There was a picture of one of FW&D cars in the sliver scheme
on the page with the FW&D cars listed, so I would assume this is the
paint scheme those cars will be produced in.

Quite frankly I am interested in seeing the shadow lined paint scheme
(even though it does not match my modeling period) just to see how well
they do it.

Bill