Re: [CBQ] Budd Sleepers on the Q ( was Re: A Plethora of Pullmans)

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Budd Sleepers on the Q ( was Re: A Plethora of Pullmans)
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:44:53 -0600
Stephen-
I don't disagree with your statements... but it came to me that the Q didn't
have (???) Budd Sleepers for "Pool" service...they were purpose built for
the 1949 (CZ)  1952 (CZ,ARZ,KCZ) and 1956 (DZ) trains.
In spite of the fact that the Q was known for its Zephyr Budd equipment, it
was a railroad )like many) that operated a ton of heavyweight equipment
until almost the end.  On a 1956/7 B&OCT Steam Fantrip I rode in my youth I
took a shot down on the coachyard as the special went over it on the
St.Charles Airline viaduct....the only streamlined equipment in the yard was
the EB consist and The Roundup.....everything else was heavyweight!!!
Charlie Vlk