Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:43:32 -0900
Tom --

I wouldn't worry too much about more "basic" designs being forced out. So
long as modelers demand and are willing support such models, I think it's
fairly safe to say manuafactures will continue to produce them. And today's
newest and fanciest often becomes tomorrow's basement bargain (of course,
small-run, collectable brass is an entirely different story ...).

Sure, $100+ seems like a lot for a plastic steamer, but corrected for
inflation it's still less than the norm for a comparable engine a
generation ago -- if you can call some of the crudely detailed die-casts of
that time "comparable."

Jonathan