Re: [BRHSlist] Re: FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2
From: "Tom Barrett" <barrett@g...>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:45:58 -0600
Florian

I agree with what you just said, there should always be a
basic line of dependable products such as the Athearn standard designs with
the options to go more advanced with the high tech line, I think Athearn is
on the right track as to be a leader again in the hobby, they may have some
bugs to work out in their Genesis line but I am sure they will, I have seen
them make mistakes in the past before and correct them to make them better,
I think that it is important that they continue on with their current path
of making reliable standard design and their genesis line for more advanced
modelers if they want, I have a Spectrum Consolidation and it is a superb
runner, I love this little engine, but I also have a set of detailed
standard Athearn F7 A-B-A set regeared with Ernst gearing and they give me
the same performance of slow and prototypical speed as the Spectrum, the
gearing set is all it took, they are more noisier but I kind of like the
grinding sound, you are correct we need balance in the hobby for everyone.
Tom