Re: [BRHSlist] Re: FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2
From: "Tom Barrett" <barrett@g...>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:08:56 -0600
I agree there is nothing wrong with raising the standard, I could
easily afford 3 or 4 engines of High Tech quality if I wanted to by buying
from discount houses, but the thing what concerns me is that if the push is
so strong in this direction than the companies are going to start dropping
their basic line and only cater to the protitypical modeler, and fine tuning
everything to be prototypically correct on all engines which would
completely call for entire retooling of mold and dies then the cost will go
even higher, that is why we call it modeling, to start with something basic
and try to make it better, all modelers are serious in one respect or the
other, such as the airplanes I do, my cousin does the same and don't care
about wing seams showing he is more concerned with the thinning of the paint
not to hide the details, I'm the opposite, I fill and sand wing seams, I
think everyone has their nitches, so hopefully one can find common ground
and build from there, but I just don't want the hobby to get to the point of
everything being so fine tuned that the average guy can't keep up with it
anymore. I agree with the point that modeling is more affordable than allot
of other hobbies because we still have options, I just hope we can keep it
that way. Tom