Re: [BRHSlist] Re: FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: FW: Genesis CB&Q 2-8-2
From: "Florian Griessenboeck" <florian@v...>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:08:47 +0900
Tom,

I don't say you are wrong. No, I like the way you're doing things because
you have a lot of fun and at last that's what counts. I think there will be
always a basic line, at least to introduce newcomers to a companies other
products. When we take Bachmann, they could not have just the Spectrum line
alone. But where would they be without a Spectrum 2-8-0 ? Way behind. They
continued with their USRA Mountain, Rivarossi released it's superb 2-6-6-6,
Lifelike came up with a 2-8-8-2 that was called "the best plastic steam
locomotive so far" and Trix did the Big Boy. Other firms will have to
answer. And you are right - Mantua is out of the match, par example. I think
the marked will change, if it already hasn't. If we Burlington guys ever get
our stuff done? The recent super sellers where always good for many
different prototype roads. A Burlington design would maybe problematic in
that way. Time (and N-scale) will tell .....
Have a good time downstairs!

Florian Griessenboeck