Re: [CBQ] Empty GN/NP Box Car Extras

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Empty GN/NP Box Car Extras
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@fastmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 10:18:27 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
There are a bunch of NP Wheel Reports on this web site from 1968:

<http://2-8-2.com/wheelreports/>

They include both east and west bound NP trains for trains in/out of Jamestown ND. There is an incomplete NP station list you can use to partially decode the consists. I've not been interested enough to do a set of spreadsheets breaking all down (especially since the NP Station List is incomplete), but the eastbounds to me still show the same distribution as the GN Wheel Reports out of the Twin Cities. I'm not sure if a NP load went east out of the Twin Cities on the C&NW, CGW or SOO why it would not in most cases come back the same way as a load or empty. I doubt the Q or Q co-owner NP would be very happy if the C&NW, CGW, or SOO would take the revenue load and try to slough off the non-revenue empties to the Q for the return to the Twin Cities.

Bill Hirt