Re: [CBQ] Empty GN/NP Box Car Extras

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Empty GN/NP Box Car Extras
From: "William Hirt" <whirt@fastmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:42:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Leo,

There might be dispatcher sheets (maybe in the archives yet to be cataloged), but wheel reports for northbound extras on the C&I have never surfaced. I have one or two eastbound extra wheel reports Galesburg-Chicago from the mid-late 1960s. These were loaded coal trains headed to Inland Steel. Russ Strodtz posted what he had on the old Yahoo Rail Freight group (which I should note that Yahoo has now all deleted). It seems most wheel reports that have surfaced are because they just happened to be taken home after a run, tossed in a box or the like, and then were left to be resurfaced many years later when cleaning things out. This far away from that time I have a lot of doubt additional wheel reports will resurface.

Bill Hirt