Re: [CBQ] Shipping human remains by rail

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Shipping human remains by rail
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1307331080; bh=J8AoNcqU+sFmIJCmcLG9THx01/4jlJXFajq2Iz5XNzM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qjxxDD0c/QztJNsQv0bNfEkXO6zHnM4F5/D9uFVy7izBYPWlI8aX9Xfpd+mDbe4hIG2if+dhopA8jPPoW6hNjqAhJJ0Wb3qk2W5lm1Ld6iNsHJU+WN8BS/ddiwIBSbWk
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Pete
Yes, they are still used not only by railroads but by truck lines as well. They
are provided for in the Uniform Commercial Code too. If I remember right there
was a question on the Bar Exam in the section on negotiable paper. I got it
right, not because of law school but because of "depot school"!
 Shipper's Order Notify  Bills of Lading or Shipper's Order Advise are the same
thing. It means that delivery is to be made to John Jones (or on his written
order) the consignee and Bill Smith, the shipper is to be notified or advised.
If it is endorsed (to another party) only the person named in the endorsement
may receive it. In any event, delivery may be made only on the surrender of the
original bill of lading, properly endorsed.  By the way, they are used on
international shipments too.
John