Re: [CBQ] Re: Naperville Crash

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Naperville Crash
From: "cvlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:42:53 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1271087059; bh=l3DWtGyRynNzeyUFV7+kriCfkQ10m5bNl2IT0Hvwe4k=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ksFZEIAbA28/UaeRh6si2e/DMTgCy56TJ8twSWcAyI87YxDE0Y/RIjozDAu1sFTR10AXR90kG/A6vbngrwQLGvF33y1Fchhh1wrc8fLCV9zb07qzM3g/lDz2FHM5aD63
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The answer is probably lost to history, but I would guess that the
Burlington had no need for the Mississippi in its pre-crash configuration so
it did not get rebuilt in kind.
Since they owned the remains (probably covered by insurance??) it likely sat
at Aurora or Eola until somebody decided that the need for a modern Business
Car equivalent to the Burlington could be satisfied by using the Mississippi
and sheathing it with Budd parts which the Aurora shops had Budd
factory-level expertise in working with having done extensive rebuilds on
shovelnoses and other equipment.
Charlie Vlk

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com