Re: [CBQ] GN F's and CB&Q Power on Freight in 1968

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GN F's and CB&Q Power on Freight in 1968
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 17:21:44 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
May 19, 2019

Hol - Good question!  Too bad the image I posted is undated.  However, we can indeed speculate that the Q "borrowed" GN No. 2527 sometime after its delivery in 1923 to test over the LaCrosse Division, if not the entire C&I, in preparation to purchasing their second batch of Class B-1-A's from Baldwin in 1925.  In testing, No. 2527 had an RPO and two coaches, so it must've been a local passenger train.  Not much of a load, at all. Since the LaCrosse Division is almost entirely water level, the only way to give No. 2527 any kind of a work-out was to continue east over the C&I to Aurora.  To date, this is the only image I've ever seen of No. 2527 testing on the Q.  Perhaps, some design specifics from No. 2527 did indeed filter into the final design package presented to Baldwin for constructing the CB&Q's 7008-7020.  Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL