Re: [CBQ] Coal fires in cars ?

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Coal fires in cars ?
From: "John Trulson" <norskeviking@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 20:28:26 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 11:51 AM

The reason that lignite, a lower grade of coal, is used almost exclusively in mine -mouth power plants is that it will spontaneous combust if transported more than a few miles in an open rail car or truck. Some logging railroads used it for awhile, but it was not suitable even for that limited application.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone