Re: [CBQ] Coal fires in cars ?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Coal fires in cars ?
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 10:06:25 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill and others,

Yes, My main thought in the question is that with the fairly well agreed point
that sparks from steam loco exhaust started many ROW and even some farm fields
on fire. I’m wondering if fires occurred in coal loads from this source.
I have those pictures from BB35 and Corbin’s book of long strings of wood
“flats” full of So. IL coal behind a hard working loco. In mind.

Leo