Re: [CBQ] Coal fires in cars ?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Coal fires in cars ?
From: "mikethomasson24" <mthomasson@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:51:08 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The reason that lignite, a lower grade of coal, is used almost exclusively in mine -mouth power plants is that it will spontaneous combust if transported more than a few miles in an open rail car or truck. Some logging railroads used it for awhile, but it was not suitable even for that limited application.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone