Re: [CBQ] A request regarding attachments

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] A request regarding attachments
From: "Chris Atkins tcatkins@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:09:33 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1424113776; bh=3eHRagRpErmyztBUHe6KLdBsPIaDTiuEsEys3P/edjs=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=U7X/kIF7N2xQ9I9Tsu9DoosrwDgajbRWxuH030PNTlNoxNQ4xUOZYC0dkm99BQ1iAO4uXtQSuPV2BlvlvWm1vO0vYk/jbXhtyoD+yMipAU8B9va755aQVkojM3DAG0RZ9QdqTnzskoqLNTXY6vxnz59xTH+k0N3A/dg9Q5Gu+rg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
One of my favorite things about this group, other than the subject, has
been the magnificent high resolution images that contributors like Hol
and others selflessly shared. Because Yahoo allows large attachments,
many of these images are well over 4000x4000 pixels, which looks
fantastic on any monitor.

I understand that a few people are using email clients that are not good
at showing these images. As I followed this thread last week, I was
afraid that the group as a whole was going to suffer because of the
needs of a couple.

I see that with the new method of sharing photos, we now get tiny 64x64
pixel thumbnails that link to an online version of the photo. Those
photos are at most 800 wide when clicked on, and downloading doesn't
make them any larger.

While the photos are still excellent, all the detail was stripped out by
Yahoo when they were stored on their servers.

I don't know if the photos were imbedded or attachments before, but
whatever changed seems to have really done more harm than good.

Anyone know how to access the original high resolution photos?

Chris Atkins
Argyle, TX

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com