Re: [CBQ] A request regarding attachments

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] A request regarding attachments
From: "Chris Atkins tcatkins@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:28:32 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1424179716; bh=sAmCAOKKWaKU2U6kgctpef2IfBFxUB2n2l5bqeT3mk8=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=wPZkEggHXWovcc4H0ai06BesL8m2vhwzOOcQQllw1O5pN/ioetsQ88v5T5c64Ie6JdebAcGifchL16sFIxIRRy8Nyqg6sq38MqXdgd4whTkaVlh1BIG10ojU8LgVmlZEwCo+h/3QHJC3YzUF57867f1ulk+HXFW/syrLwZ+zs0k=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thank you all for your feedback. As I mentioned before, I got the same results as you - although they were different than the results I had gotten 6 hours earlier where the photo I downloaded following the same steps had been reduced to only 800 wide.

I guess it's just a matter of the extra three steps and 2 applications needed to see the images than before, but at least the high resolution photos are there to be seen in all the scanner's original glory.

As far as whether Yahoo Groups is a safe place to archive photos long term, I wouldn't bet on it. Too many of Yahoo's services, like bookmark tool Delicious, just get dropped. If the photos were being stored in Flickr (another Yahoo property) then I'd say we had a good chance, but if Yahoo decides they want to drop Yahoo Groups, then all those large photos you didn't click on and save are gone. There isn't any way to batch download photos, so when the time comes to abandon ship, resurrecting a backup is going to be a one photo at a time, three click procedure.

Thanks again,

Chris Atkins
Argyle, TX