Re: [CBQ] A request regarding attachments

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] A request regarding attachments
From: "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 13:01:44 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1423591306; bh=FZaHkkN3GZi7GHRsvjI1zJRb5/tCPNfBXeAdOC61Dkw=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=L9Ae5C4k01C4sgGpyCd+RjCgNoaNHzLX+Nm+jgTJAh6wksU9axFrb2Slq556y5zENLIBTwalggMS0+uPuJVCWwl+sCGGSanKyHoGa0JtM83H61Dc50z/aWnmSgOaiZG+8Xt4Z7Re/mWr+ZSiKogYI7eFeOl6pfXH7McFALAFLTU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I have to delete nearly all of the messages with EMBEDDED images because
I simply cannot view them with my email software. The message formats are
a total mess on my screen.

Attachments, on the other hand, I can select and view them. On Yahoo the
attachments are stored on Yahoo -- they are not mailed to you. When you
click on the link Yahoo puts into the email, only then is the image
retrieved from the Yahoo server. Attachments are the best way to deal
with image sharing because people use their phones, PC's, work computers,
the Yahoo web site, etc to read Yahoo mail. There is really no good reason
not to allow attachments in Yahoo groups, although I know many groups do
not allow it -- leftover paranoia from the age of the "virus". (The virus
as a technique has nearly disappeared nowadays being replaced by far more
sophisticated techniques. And Yahoo scans all attachments for viruses.)

Tim O'Connor

Clarification: ATTACHMENTS are dropped.

Photos that are in the body of the message are NOT dropped.

Thanks!
--
[]
Brian Ehni