RE: [CBQ] Re: Thoughts on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Thoughts on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1224633569; bh=scRcZKyqwWOtjpwT1xiez5yhFZs03l0c3pfKVDucNKw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=PQbcux2O7zlibPwsB57VbpEQ9YMRuOgs/lAdAqY/HIop3KxXl/8xqGtRSFvcgefnXFemhCvE0/ZNm6piTyMBy+NgY4Oa7ZUOAD0YmF5rFRgUeTK8gHyxCJ2CAVKCItLN
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I think most of the Chicago-Omaha trains operated via Council Bluffs.

If I remember correctly from timetables -- which I probably do not -- the CZ
operated both directions down the west bank but the DZ, until the 1960's,
operated westbound via Council Bluffs and Eastbound, via the west bank.

sjl