Re: [CBQ] Re: Thoughts on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Thoughts on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1224611673; bh=nQFv/66EFAAe3jjWfgx64fLG/KOGAP58ZDhJwNLb30g=; h=Received:Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pgx7hd1jEbHux9dlmIHQwm/2Ub2EA2y3lPbn/uVFqyxGWG0psJRZFsGYikT5snVh6tareuE8yadM3fqk2r/FaI5877P49NUDR+Coj+KJ1mDLifICkFuVlYb+0pxWsvgF
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Amtrak did indeed go through Council Bluffs until the 1980's, when the
CB-Pacific Junction line was taken out of service.  Amtrak never stopped there,
though.

In 1980 and 1981, I rode San Francisco Zephyrs westbound through CB.  In a way,
in the mid 80's, I was happy to see the CZ return to the line on the west bank
as it was a favorite portion of my DZ rides since 1966, when I first stayed
awake late enough to view it.

sjl