RE: [CBQ] Re: Thoughts on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Thoughts on the Ak Sar Ben Zephyr
From: Rick Keil <rkeil6721@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:44:38 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Please forgive me, I thought the original post addressed this in a round about
way.  Not having grown up during the hay days of passenger travel, and only
traveled a couple of times on Amtrak, I may have had some misconceptions.  The
freight versus passenger route has indeed been discussed.  My thought was more
to the handling of the train and the passengers therein.  Since the Ak was an
overnight train, I would guess (maybe wrongly) that passengers would still be
asleep when they arrived in Council Bluffs and that the Q would take
precautions on "disturbing" the customers.  But it appears that cutting off the
head end cars would not be that rough and most of the passengers would be up
anyway getting ready for the arrival to Omaha (or Council Bluffs if they were
detraining there).

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008