Re: [PCL] Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota

To: <PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [PCL] Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:28:25 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The 1934-built Zephyr trains are not compatible with the 1936 trains..... the
TCZ and DZ have MU contacts between the units and a different body cross
section.
I doubt that the articulations were the same.
In fact, if IRM were to get the DZ Pullmans they would have to run them ahead
of the NZ/TCZ power car anyway as they were couplered on both ends and had
their own trucks
(non-articulated on one end of each unit).  Best situation would be to reunite
them with their brothers and sisters from Saudi Arabia.
Charlie Vlk

  That's true only if the MTZ plans don't become complete - the
  newspaper article included "trips around St. Louis" as part of the
  plan (as well as the display).

  .