Re: [PCL] Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota

To: <PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com>,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [PCL] Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:38:09 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
That's true only if the MTZ plans don't become complete - the
newspaper article included "trips around St. Louis" as part of the
plan (as well as the display).

But, the reason I say St. Louis - and display as opposed to IRM and
"running" is simple economics.  Does anyone have $200K they don't
need?  Last I looked the owner thought each car was worth about
$20K.  Each car would require about $15K to transport.   Each car
then would have to have minimal repair JUST for display.  Forget
about running.  If you want running, add another $500K to that.  Look
at how much $$$ and how much time has been spent on the NZ getting it
repaired after the switch accident.  And these cars are not in the
best of shape.

Save from scrapping - about $200K.  Running ?  About $700K.   So
start the fund, I'll pitch in.  Heck if Obama can net $55M and
Clinton $35M and McCain ?? then surely we can get a choo choo
elected.  I mean, according to the election rules, and statements, so
much of that is coming from "the little people" - well, I reckon
that's what we got here.  Although I'm afraid the affiliations are
far more fractious....  So $1M ought to be doable, right?
right?  yeah, that's why their still up in the Black Hills.

At 10:44 AM 3/10/2008, Charlie Vlk wrote:
>Bob-
>They could be displayed anywhere..... St. Louis with the Silver
>Charger is another place to stuff and mount them.... but IRM is the
>only place they could
>be run with a trainset....
>Charlie Vlk
>
>   They could also be associated with the MTZ cars if they DO get
>   restored near St. Louis - and if the MTZ cars DO get restored, then
>   the process would be in place and the capability there for these cars
>   to be restored at the same time.
>
>   Bob Webber

Bob Webber