Re: [CBQ] Light Gray Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Light Gray Pullmans
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:10:50 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The paint used originally in DENVER & ZEPHYR TOWER (I don't know
about MISSOURI or ROCKET - would have to look) were originally the
Pullman light grey scheme - like the ELMs got.  Only after 1948 (1954
in one case) did they get the CB&Q aluminum scheme.  In photos (b/w,
and some color, depending on a lot of factors), the scheme is nearly
the same - but... if you were to look at the paint itself, the light
Pullman grey (which is the paint used in the two tone scheme) is
non-metallic and a deeper hue.  The CB&Q paint is meant to serve with
the Zephyr fleet better.   The CB&Q paint is the same as that you'd
find under most of the Shadowlining schemes.

Bob Webber