Re: [CBQ] Light Gray Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Light Gray Pullmans
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 08:41:25 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
ZEPHYR TOWER also showed up on the Exhibition Flyer in the Pullman
light grey scheme.  DENVER TOWER also was painted in the earlier
scheme, and also showed up on the Flyer.  At various times, each ran
from St. Louis as part of the connection to the Exhibition
Flyer.  *IF* you find a photo of either of these cars, make certain
of the date as the two paint schemes are fairly close - and I know
that they are thought to be the same scheme (though they are not) in
more than one book/article.

And, I don't mean criticism by that.  An extraordinary amount of
information has been found concerning Pullman operations, painting,
rebuilding, and associated subjects in the past few years.  The
modelers in HO have been a recipient of some of that knowledge
through the cars brought out by Branchline and Walthers.  The various
manufacturers have been using original source material, drawings and
the like that simply weren't known prior to the last 4-6 years (or
cared about in some circles).

At 07:07 AM 3/3/2008, you wrote:
>  Rupert,
>  Zephyr Tower was done after acquisition for the Zephyr Rocket
>
>Lamoyne
>(BCR&NRY)

Bob Webber