Re: [CBQ] Branchline Pullman Cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Branchline Pullman Cars
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:52:41 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob-
I think too many "old-timers" in the Hobby are missing what is going on with
RTR.
Many are deciding it is worth it and are using the time that would otherwise be
used to work through a pile of kits to either
do kibashes/detailing of prototypes that they want to concentrate on and/or
actually building and finishing a layout to operate
the models on.
Frankly, there isn't any nobility in building a well-designed kit.  If you do a
really good job it is going to look exactly like what
the Chinese ladies do and for the upcharge you can do many other things that
have more impact.
We've never had a bigger variety of paints, decals, detail parts and
scratchbuilding supplies than we enjoy today, and the
"Prototype Modeler" meets would not have been possible as few as 10-15 years
ago.
I highly disagree that the "modeler" has demised..... just moved on to more
productive and interesting work.
Charlie Vlk

  Branchline will be making its line available in RTR versions, given
  the demise of the modeler. You'll have to pay for the privilege, the
  MRSP is about $54. Given that you can get Branchline kits from $10
  and up it's up to you to decide if its worth it.

  .