Re: [CBQ] Re: Q Operations Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Q Operations Question
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Wrong, you would want to get the foreign car off of
your railroasd as quickly as possible, so you would
not have to pay per diem. And it is better to send
them back under load than back haul them empty.
Likewise, the home cars on foreign lines were
collecting per diem for their owners. You wanted only
enough home road cars on home rails to handle loading
requirements.

--- soocarman <mitchc2@juno.com> wrote:

> Also back in those days railroads had to get the
> cars back to their
> owners after it they are emptied.  I don't think a
> railroad would
> use a foreign car for loading.  You world use on of
> your own to get
> more money.
> If someone can explain this better in the rules that
> were in place
> back in the 60's.
> Thanks
>
> Mitch
> --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "thommack"
> <thommack@y...> wrote:
> > Thanks for the help so far. This is exactly what I
> was looking
> for. I
> > know if the load changes that would be two
> separate waybills/cars -
> > e.g. Coil steel comes into R&RW Metals in a coil
> car, goes out as
> > stamped and coated plates in a boxcar.
> >
> > The trickier one that really brought up this
> question is where the
> > steel comes in as a couple of large billets in say
> a gondola or on
> > heavy duty flat, gets coated or treated (lets say
> within 1-2 days
> > max), then needs to go to final destination. I
> would have thought
> in
> > this case it might be more cost effective for the
> parties involved
> > pay demurrage for an extra day or two for the car
> to stick around,
> > rather than waiting for a new car to come in and
> also possibly pay
> the
> > extra switching charge. But I wasn't sure if that
> was legal under
> > tarriff laws in 67/68. So, what's the verdict on
> this scenario?
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Russell Strodtz
> <19main@g...> wrote:
> > > John,
> > >
> > > I have to disagree. The Transit Billing system
> did
> > > not allow for a car to arrive at a Customer and
> > > leave on the same billing. That concept would
> only
> > > apply to stop-offs and all they would allow is
> partial
> removed
> > > from the car and then put back in.
> > >
> > > I stand by what I've already said.
> > >
> > > Russ

http://mail.yahoo.com

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12ho6eugr/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124347766/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>