Re: [CBQ] There must be a better way...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] There must be a better way...
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:18:04 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At 07:32 AM 7/17/2005, you wrote:
>Research and production cost including dies, molds, painting fixtures etc.
>Retailers have resisted the
>manufacturer's requirement to buy unpopular roadnames.  Retailers can't
>afford to hold inventory and niether can the manufacturer.  The manufacturer
>wants to invest in a new product, sell it, recover their investment, make a
>profit and then use that return to produce another new product so that its a
>self feeding cycle.

````````
If the above is true (and there is a part of me that wants to believe that's
just the company line we're being spoon fed to keep the prices going up and up,
especially after reading the quoted text below), then how is Atlas able to
state on their web site

http://www.atlastrainman.com/atmhotrainman.htm

that their new Train Man line  "...will be available year ?round, on an ongoing
basis, so modelers may add desired units to their layouts whenever they
choose."?

Which, by the way, is a refreshing attitude by a manufacturer for a change.
Maybe Atlas is getting it right for a change and hopefully other manufacturers
will follow their example.  I certainly hope so.

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"
 Peru, IL *USA*