Re: [CBQ] There must be a better way...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] There must be a better way...
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:13:04 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Yes there must be a better way.

I remember when I wanted models of the Burlington Troop Kitchen cars brass
was the only answer, now we have them in plastic. Note here the brass ones had
to be modified to match my time frame on the Burlington. Remember when the only
E units other than brass out there were AHM or Model Power? We didn't have an
E6, not that it mattered to Burlington guys. How many years if we wanted to
model a set of "chicken wire" F3's the only choice was brass, and then if we
wanted them to be numbered 9960-62 ABC, those dynamic brake grids. Even brass
wasn't the answer there.

I guess what I'm saying is yes models are more expensive today. Models are
also run in small numbers. Reservations are now almost required for plastic
models the same as brass. But the over all quality was unheard of just a few
years
ago. We have models from many of the manufactures that I never thought I'd
see..... Pennsy B60B's, Flexi Vans, Troop cars, and plastic passenger cars that
are prototype. Granted sometimes you have to do some research, I mean NYC,
Pennsy, RI, and others never had a CP Skyline Dome.

I do understand the costs and sometimes you have to budget. But we truly are
in a golden age of model railroading.

Loren Johnson