RE: [CBQ] There must be a better way...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] There must be a better way...
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:22:17 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
My biggest concern is for newcomers to the hobby, particularly kids.
While those of us that have been modeling awhile can add an item here
and there, someone just starting out is probably looking at a
substantial outlay for locomotives and rolling stock, not to mention
track, power pack, etc.  As a kid, I remember relying heavily on Athearn
locos and rolling stock, as it was reliable and inexpensive, even if not
terribly accurate in the details.  We are truly fortunate to have the
availability of quality scale models that now exist, but to remain a
viable and flourishing hobby we obviously need to encourage newcomers to
our hobby to survive in the long run.  I don't know the answer to this
dilemma, but as I say, it does concern me for the future of our hobby.

Scott Myers