Re: [CBQ] Re: Late 60's California Zephyr consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Late 60's California Zephyr consists
From: bill.durham@transport.alstom.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:21:47 -0500

Bob, Jeff & List,

Based on my book research, I have pasted an excerpt of what I ascertained
about Silver Rapids.  Hope this helps with the overall subject matter.

Bill Durham

"...and even the Pennsylvania Railroad threw in a 10-6 (Silver Rapids) for
good measure for its transcontinental through service on alternate days to
New York City in cooperation with the New York Central.  However, by
October 27, 1957, the Pennsylvania Railroad would withdraw from
participation thereby discontinuing through-car transcontinental Pullman
service.  New York Central continued providing this service on alternating
days as before but because ridership from Chicago to New York was
dwindling, the purchase of another car was not justified and they too
withdrew the following month thus ending true coast-to-coast sleeper
service."

CONFIDENTIALITY: This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM