[CBQ] Re: Late 60's California Zephyr consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Late 60's California Zephyr consists
From: "jworones" <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:11:44 -0000

Referring again to "Portrait of a Silver Lady", I had noticed the
consist getting shorter towards the end of service.
I'll have to double check the dates and photos, but it did look as
though one of the dome coaches and most of the sleepers were dropped.

So, for late 1969 modeling purposes, this is what I came up with. Let
me know if I have captured the right mix and flavor of the CZ.

For the larger modular layout:
Baggage "Silver Beaver" (WP)
Coach "Silver Maple" (CBQ)(Ex 16 Sec slpr)
Dome Coach "Silver Mustang" (DRGW)
Dome Coach "Silver Saddle" (CBQ)
Dome Coach "Silver Patio" (Burlington-from the Z pool)
Dome-dorm-buffet "Silver Club" (CBQ)
10-6 slpr "Silver Palisade" (WP)
10-6 slpr "Silver Canyon" (WP)
Diner "Silver Banquet" (DRGW)
6-5 slpr "Silver Dove" (CBQ)
10-6 slpr "Silver Rapids" (PRR)(Eastern connections)
sleeper (IC)(tour group car)
Dome-obs "Silver Crescent" (WP)

For the smaller home layout I would keep the baggage, 3 of the 4
domes, diner, 1 sleeper, and dome obs. This seems to capture the feel
of the train.

All powered by a pair of E8/9's.

Since I'm modeling Burlington IA, I think I'll throw in that ACL
combine from time to time for operational fun.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the help!
Jeff Worones
Lake Stevens, WA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM