Re: [CBQ] Re: Corbin Collection Questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Corbin Collection Questions
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:47:42 -0600
I am not going to defend the BRHS as an organization...... in its history,
unlike other RR Historical Societies, ours has failed to establish an
archives and as a result much historical material (dating back to before the
BN merger) that could have found a safe home has been trashed and lost to
time.  Some material that was given to the society is spread out in various
people's basements for lack of an archives.

Hol Wagner has provided professional grade editorship for the Burlington
Bulletin since early on if not day one.  While I would like to get Bulletins
on a more frequent basis, given the quality of each one I am more than
willing to be patient.   Having been been editor for five years of a
quarterly bulletin of only 20 pages for a genealogical society  I have an
inkling of the amount of work involved in Hol's contribution......and he
doesn't, in my opinion, owe anyone any explanations of his stewardship of
Mr. Corbin's collection as given the status of the BRHS the material is
being utilized in a manner that surely would meet with Bernie's approval .

However, I don't recall ever seeing the name Carl Elliott in the workings of
the society and certainly don't know what the status of the Bernard Corbin
photo collection has to do with opening this particular can of worms.....
if Mr. Elliott has experience and skills and time to apply them to the
society he should step forward, first as a volunteer, and once having proved
his worth possibly seek office so that we can benefit from his more
enlightened leadership.
Charlie Vlk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM